From tales of pirates and the Hanseatic League to WWII air raids and the Great Fire of 1842, Hamburg has a unique character within Germany. As Europe’s second biggest port, Hamburg has always been open to adventurers and travelers from the whole world and is still full of history, drama, and wild nights.
Whether you are a day-tripper looking to get the most out of your short stay or visiting for a longer period of time and looking to get your bearings for further exploration, our FREE TOUR is the best way to unlock this city, the Pearl of Northern Germany.
Tour times & bookings
Rathausmarkt at 11 AM
Meet outside Starbucks Coffee opposite Town Hall (Rathaus).
ON THIS 3 HOUR TOUR WE COVER:
- The Rathaus – Hamburg’s magnificent Town Hall
- 1943 Inferno – WWII bombing of Hamburg
- The infamous pirate Störtebeker
- St Petri and St Jacobi – Hamburg’s medieval churches
- Hanseatic League – Europe’s first capitalists
- Hafen City – Europe’s biggest inner-city development
- Chilehaus – masterpiece of expressionist architecture
- Cholera Epidemic of 1892
- Trostbrücke – the heart of medieval Hamburg
- St Nikolai Church – poignant WWII ruins
- Deichstrasse – origin of the Great Fire of 1842
- Binnenhafen – the inner harbor
- Speicherstadt – historic warehouse complex
- Museum boats